Six New Trustees Join St. Joseph’s Prep Board Of Trustees
This fall, the St. Joseph’s Preparatory School Board of Trustees--under the leadership of Mark C. Reed ’92, Chair, and Rev. Daniel Lahart, SJ, Vice Chair--welcomed six new members to the Board:
- Rev. John Cunningham, SJ: Fr. Cunningham is an accomplished academic, currently serving as Chair of the of Physics and Engineering Physics Department at Fordham University after spending three years in the same position at Loyola University Chicago. He holds a B.S. from Penn State University and a Ph.D. from the University of Notre Dame, in addition to an M.A., in Philosophy from Fordham, and a M.Div., in Theology from Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara University. He also serves on the Board of Trustees at Loyola University of New Orleans.
- John Figge: Figge is President of JOF Investments and has been very active in education. He currently serves on the Board of the Independence Mission Schools, a network of fifteen Catholic elementary schools in Philadelphia, and of the DePaul Catholic School in Germantown. He and his wife, Lisa, are former chairs of the Villiger Executive Council and are the Parent Chairs of For Others Forever Capital Campaign for the Future. He has a strong Jesuit background, having graduated from Georgetown Prep, College of the Holy Cross (BA in Political Science), and Santa Clara University (MBA). He and his wife live in Bryn Mawr with their four children, including two Prep alums and one current student--John ’18, Mark ’20 and Leo ’23.
- John Grugan: Grugan, a 1988 graduate of St. Joseph’s Prep, returns to his alma mater to serve as a Trustee. He has spent over two decades at Ballard Spahr, a national law firm where he defends companies in government enforcement matters as a partner in the Securities Enforcement and Corporate Governance Litigation and the White Collar Defense/Internal Investigations Groups. He is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania (B.A.) and Temple University School of Law (J.D.). Grugan and his wife, Megan, have four children, including a son Liam, who graduated from the Prep in 2019.
- Fred Massanova: Massanova, a Certified Public Accountant, is Pennsylvania Managing Partner of Baker Tilly US, providing leadership, management and strategic direction for the firm’s presence in the Greater Philadelphia market. He leads the firm’s commercial practice, overseeing the private equity, manufacturing and distribution, technology, life sciences, construction and real estate, professional services, and retail industry team. He is a 1996 graduate of the Prep and also holds a Bachelor of Science degree from La Salle University.
- William McKernan: McKernan, a 1987 graduate of the Prep, is an extremely generous supporter of the school, starting his second term on the Board of Trustees while also serving with his wife Cindy as the Co-Chair of the For Others Forever Campaign, which is raising money for much needed physical transformation of the Prep campus as well as adding to the endowment. McKernan, a graduate of Villanova University, is President of NSM Insurance Group, where he has worked since 1993. His two sons, Will '22 and Charlie '23 are current students at the Prep.
- Rev. Patrick Nolan, SJ: Fr. Nolan brings high school ministry experience from his role at Boston College High School, where he serves as Assistant Director of Enrollment, Athletics Chaplain and Religious Education teacher. He also serves as Regional Vocation Promoter for the USA East Province. He recently spent two years in Micronesia, where he worked at Yap Catholic High School. Prior to joining the Society of Jesus, Fr. Nolan worked for MasterCard Worldwide, Genesco Sports Enterprises and Major League Baseball Advanced Media. He holds degrees from Boston College (S.T.L, M.Div.), Loyola University Chicago (MA.) and Loyola University Maryland (B.A.).