Cape & Sword Drama SocietY
John Adams -- Matt Phillips '18
Dr. Benjamin Franklin -- Paul Koenig '18
Thomas Jefferson -- Stephen Dierkes '18
John Dickinson -- Jay Fogarty '18
Edward Rutledge -- James DiCocco '18
Abigail Adams -- Maddy Larkin MMA '18
John Hancock - Michael Taimanglo ‘19
Martha Jefferson -- Katherine Christen MSJA '19
Richard Henry Lee -- John Fioravanti '19
Charles Thomson -- Jack Thorell '19
Judge James Wilson --Sam Halfpenny '18
Andrew McNair -- David McCabe '19
The Courier -- Justin Kearns '20
Stephen Hopkins -- Joe Scott '19
Dr. Lyman Hall -- David Haddad '18
Caesar Rodney -- Liam Grugan '19
Col. Thomas McKean -- Jacob Orbell '18
Rev. John Witherspoon -- Scott Yezzi '20
Roger Sherman -- Nick Mattera '19
Robert Livingston -- Joe Matthews '19
Lewis Morris -- Scott Hibbs '19
Samuel Chase -- Daniel Avington '18
George Read -- Jeffrey Russell '20
Dr. Josiah Bartlett --Paul Christian Stowell '18
Joseph Hewes -- Colin McHale '20
Richard Stockton -- Jason Mattera '20
Leather Apron -- Matthew McCarney '21
A Painter -- Liam McGrath '18
Click here for a Stage Crew application due February 28 at Noon.
About the Cape and Sword
The Prep's Cape and Sword Drama Society is one of the strongest high school theatre programs in the Delaware Valley.
- 2 large-scale shows are produced every year - in the fall and the spring - that involve about 60 students each (on and off stage). Shows range in style: everything from Shakespeare to Sondheim has been produced on the Prep stage (recent titles include Peter and the Starcatcher, The Laramie Project, The Music Man, Kennedy's Crisis, Me and My Girl, Little Me, Cabaret, The Producers, and A Few Good Men).
- A year-round Improv Club is offered, as well as a winter Night of Scenes, both of which include ALL Prep students who express interest.
- Over 17% of the student body is involved in some form of Prep Drama - on or off stage.
- The Cape and Sword has won the Prep's Activity of the Year Award 4 times.
- The Prep won "Best Staging," at the 1st ever Philly Youth Theatre Festival, an event that was inspired by Mayor Jim Kenney '76 after he played a cameo role in the Prep's musical Curtains.
- Recent Prep Drama alumni include Michael Rady (TV's, "Unreal" and “The Mentalist”) and Alyse Alan Louis (Sophie in Broadway's Mamma Mia), and many Cape and Sword alums appear quite frequently on local professional stages.
- The Prep has been hand-selected by the Walt Disney Corporation to be one of 4 high schools in the nation to produce the musical Newsies this fall. The spring '18 show remains TBD.
- Since 1995, the Cape and Sword has operated under the leadership of local actor and director Mr. Tony Braithwaite '89.
News and Media
Click here to read an article from Philly.com about Cape & Sword's opportunity to pilot Newsies.
Click here to watch a clip from CBS3.