St. Joseph's Prep welcomes qualified transfer candidates who have at least a "B" average (or comparative numerical scores) and receive an outstanding recommendation from a recent Math, English, or equivalent teacher. Where necessary, subject tests will be administered prior to an admission decision for students considering a transfer into the Prep to ensure potential class-level placement. Please note, the Prep transfer process considers students entering into the fall semester of 10th or 11th grade. Mid-year transfers for students currently in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the Admission Office directly for more information.
The official application process for transfer students begins February 2019. The Transfer Applicant To-Do list and Timeline can be found below. NOTE: All transfer candidates must visit the Prep for an interview with a member of the Admissions staff. The best way to do that is at the end of a HAWKLIFE Shadow Visit. Transfer candidates can sign up for a visit this spring HERE.
TRANSFER APPLICANT TO-DO LIST:
- Complete an online Admission Application HERE (requires a non-refundable $60 processing fee). Transfer applications deadline is Friday, August 9, 2019.
- Provide St. Joseph’s Prep with your official school transcripts and most recent Standardized Test Scores. Click HERE for the Transcript Request Form.
- Please have one current teacher complete a recommendation about your academic performance. A Recommendation Form must be given directly to a teacher who will mail (or email) the completed form directly to St. Joseph’s Prep - ATTN: Director of Admission. Click HERE for the Teacher Recommendation Form.
- Complete an interview with a member of the Prep's Admissions staff. The best way to do that is at the end of a HAWKLIFE Shadow Visit. Transfer candidates can sign up for a visit this spring HERE.
- Please complete a Transfer Applicant Essay for Admission, by answering the following prompt:
- "Why do you want to attend St. Joseph’s Prep? What aspects of the school make you want to spend the rest of your high school career at the Prep? How would your own goals both in and out of the classroom benefit from a Prep education?"
- Essays should be at least 300 words long and can be mailed to directly to St. Joseph’s Prep - ATTN: Director of Admission or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To be considered for financial aid, you must complete a Financial Aid application via the Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) HERE. This is not a required step of the transfer application process.
TRANSFER APPLICANT TIMELINE:
February 2019 - Transfer application for Admission and for Financial Aid opens.
March/April 2019 - Transfer applicants are strongly encourage to schedule a HAWKLIFE Shadow visit.
May/June/July 2019 - Decision letters sent to transfer applicants.
July/Aug 2019 - Accepted transfer applicants receive notification regarding Financial Aid (if applicable).
NOTE: Transfer students are only eligible for need-based Financial Aid. There are no merit-based academic scholarships reserved for transfer students.