School begins the week of August 31. In a concerted effort to reconnect our students with their fellow classmates, for the first week of school, we will follow a special schedule whereby we gather by class, one class per day, with Freshman also coming in a second day that week for their Freshman Retreat.
Here is what the week will look like:
- Monday, Aug. 31 - All Freshmen report to the Prep
- Tuesday, Sept. 1 - All Sophomores report to the Prep
- Wednesday, Sept. 2 - All Juniors report to the Prep
- Thursday, Sept. 3 - All Seniors report to the Prep
- Friday, Sept. 4 - All Freshmen report to the Prep for Freshman Retreat
For freshmen, Monday, 8/31 will be dedicated to orientation and Friday, 9/4 will be their retreat. The purposes of these days are:
- for students to get to know each other in person and to begin to bond as a class
-for the Prep to begin its spiritual formation component
-to review Covid-related health and safety guidelines
-for the students to begin to meet adults on campus (counselors, teachers, administrators, etc.)
For grades 10-12, the purposes are:
- for classmates to interact in person with another, particularly given hybrid learning
- to review Covid-related health and safety guidelines
- for the students to have their grade-specific orientation with counselors, teachers, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: Information about transportation for the first week will be shared at a later date.
Due to the holiday, our second week begins on Tuesday, so we will follow a "short week" schedule that week, omitting the 'home' day on Wednesday.
- Monday, Sept. 7 - LABOR DAY - NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, Sept. 8 - Crimson Group In-School Day (Gray Group remote)
- Wednesday, Sept. 9 - Crimson Group In-School Day (Gray Group remote)
- Thursday, Sept. 10 - Gray Group In-School Day (Crimson Group remote)
- Friday, Sept. 11 - Gray Group In-School Day (Crimson Group remote)
We will then resume our regular hybrid schedule the following week of Sept. 14.
For the full Fall 2020 Reopening Plan, click here.
Please note: the Acknowledgement of Risk
must be signed by a parent/guardian and returned before your student reports to the Prep for his first day of school.